We're so proud that we made it to the title page of the German Linux Magazine!!!! "End-to-End-Monitoring: Measure what the…
Alyvix is a synthetic monitoring system based on computer vision.
Visual Synthetic Monitoring: Alyvix synthesizes real users without being hardwired to application engines.
Alyvix automates any application, interacting with GUIs exactly as a human would do. Alyvix measures all transactions and
visualizes their performances in your monitoring system. Finally, Alyvix reports HTML pages containing the details of each test case step.
Measure application availability & responsiveness
Measure the availability and responsiveness of your business-critical applications, no matter if they are connected through the internet or not. Examples can be desktop, web and emulated mobile applications.
Monitor test cases on virtualized applications
Monitor test cases on popular applications like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Dynamics CRM, AX, NAV, SAP CRM, also if virtualized through Citrix or RDWebAccess.
Track application performances
Continuously track performances of your applications from different locations. Ongoing time series charts highlight downtimes and latency spikes. Reports and notifications keep you up-to-date about critical events.
Monitor test cases on black boxed applications
Monitor test cases on applications for which APIs are not available or on applications that are built with unknown technologies.
Testend user experience
Assess the quality of service perceived by customers trying to complete tasks on your applications (e.g. online booking, shopping, banking). Quantify the lost time your employees spend waiting for application responses (e.g. data entering, loading, saving).
Distribute a test case on cloned probes
Distribute the same test case on multiple cloned machines to continuously monitor the same test case from different locations of the network.
„Already during the first week we have been able to restart four blocked applications or services, even before the users would have noticed the downtime.“
Andreas Zipse, IT/Facility Manager at the Internationales Bankhaus Bodensee AG
Alyvix is able to act like a real human user on any graphic interface.
Through the Alyvix GUI, you can thoroughly define all aspects of user transactions, such as involved graphic elements, interaction mode and performance thresholds.
Alyvix detects graphic objects, interacts with them and measures the time of executed transactions.
Alyvix provides real synthesis of real users
Processes frames coming from the screen continuously
Recognizes every graphic element: images, rectangles, text, composite objects. Alyvix works with a computer vision approach and not directly controlling application engines (APIs)
Detects with no ambiguity graphic elements, thanks to multiple components in their definition
Detects graphic elements even if they are rendered in a slightly different way, thanks to regions of interest (ROIs) that bound the components
Interacts with every GUI control (e.g. standalone app, web browser) by sending regular keywords and mouse strokes
Measures the net time of application transactions with its precise and accurate system (processing, detection and interaction times are excluded)
Test Case Building
Alyvix is able to automate user interaction flows by listing user transactions in an editable table. transaction definitions are a matter of point-and-click the targeted graphic interface.
Alyvix automates real user interaction flows
Alyvix is able to report the outcome of executed user interaction flows providing performances, screenshots and animations.
Alyvix visually certifies user interaction flows
Alyvix is able to schedule multiple user interaction flows, to track their outcomes and to alert specific events.
Alyvix keeps the end user experience high
Current Stable Release
released on May 5, 2017
- 1 virtual or physical machine, exclusively dedicated to serially run a number of Alyvix test cases
- 2 or more machines are needed to run parallel test cases or to geographically distribute them
- screen resolution at least 1280×720 HD or 1280×800 WXGA; screen color depth 24bit RGB or 32bit RGBA
- WindowsOS 64bit (7, 8, 10, Server 2012, Server 2016) with .NET v4.x; WinOS 32bit versions are not compatible
How to update
Run as administrator the following command in the Command Prompt of your Alyvix machine:
conda install -c https://conda.anaconda.org/alyvix alyvix
In the Alyvix finder GUIs it is now possible to select the exact point where Alyvix has to interact with the element. (Previously it was just possible to interact with the center of objects):
- new GUI interaction possibilities;
- point set, reset, editing and visual anchor to its component;
- interaction points are visualized in reports.
Drag ‘n’ Drop
Besides clicking, it is now possible to let Alyvix drag and drop GUI elements:
- drag’n’drop mode with a single keyword chosing from a set of standard movements;
- continuously object holding with a keyword and custom releasing with a subsequent one.
Besides clicking once, it is now possible to let Alyvix click multiple times on GUI elements. The number of clicks and the delay between them can be freely set.
Background Mode (for professional and enterprise subscriptions)
The new background mode allows to run test cases in an dedicated and automatized Windows session, avoiding to leave an active and unlocked desktop: stand-alone software for professional and enterprise subscriptions;
- compatibility with Windows 64bit 7/8/10/Server2012/Server2016;
- easy installer of a dedicated Windows service;
- Alyvix RDS management (e.g. signout, client crash, resolution mismatch);
- configuration of credentials and resolution;
- encryption tool for the RDS password.
Integration Package for NetEye/Nagios/Icinga
An NetEye package supports you in the integration of Alyvix tests in your monitoring system: Alyvix checks, Monarch profiles (for commands and services), PHP chart template and HTML report sharing and management. Run the following command in a shell:
yum install neteye-alyvix –enablerepo=neteye
The new ‘NATS’ type of ‘Publish Perfdata’ allows you to flush all the performance data of Alyvix tests in a specified remote InfluxDB (through Telegraf).
- animation for object finders, with a frame for every subcomponent
- highlighted interaction points
Improved operations with performance data
- more data is stored in test case databases
- more CSV publishing options are available
Improved measurement outcomes
- customizable working frequencies of frame grabber, graphic detector, interaction robot
- more accurate appearance and disappearance timing
- customizable exit code of single keywords and whole test cases
- image Finder is now color sensitive
- the outcome state logic of test cases is completely tested
Improved GUI handling
- GUIs show clearer options
- rectangle sizing is easier to use
- ROI is easier to reset for single components
- additional shortcuts to speed up the test case building
- tighter exception handling
Synthetic Application Monitoring: Allows monitoring applications from the user’s point of view by simulating transaction sequences, followed by the measurement…